Workmans Comp Lawyers
Common Workplace Injuries
OUR STOCKTON WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEYS ARE READY TO HELP YOU
Work-related injuries are common and should be dealt with in a timely manner. Most of all, they should be handled by an experienced team that possess a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Workers in California are injured every day by many different types of work accidents, injuries, and occupational diseases. Whether you are having trouble getting benefits approved or just want an attorney to help you navigate the complexities of the system, contact the Law Offices of Bo Katzakian. Our Stockton workers’ compensation lawyers focus exclusively on helping injured workers in Northern California. We have the experience and expertise necessary to win your case. We have handled most types of work injuries and we will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. We will also fight to make sure you get the time you need to recover from the effects of your injuries. Injured and disabled workers deserve to have proper representation and should hire a team that has their best interests in mind. Trust our team. Our workmans comp lawyers are committed to winning your case. And we measure our success by the number of injured workers we help. We believe in our assertive and dynamic practices. Let us fight for you!
Types of Workplace Injuries
Hiring a workmans comp lawyer is critical for a successful outcome in any work-related, personal injury case. Our law firm is well versed in distinguishing all types of injuries that can occur at the workplace. There are a wide variety of injuries someone can sustain while on the job, the most common being:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Muscle strain caused by constant physical stress
- Crashes and Collisions
- Cuts, scrapes, and lacerations
- Being struck by equipment or debris
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Inhaling foreign debris or toxic fumes
- Exposure to loud noises
All of these common workplace injuries can lead to the following effects:
- Head Injuries: A head injury can have serious consequences, including temporary or permanent disability. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) may cause a range of symptoms that include severe headaches, dizziness, nausea, memory loss, irritability, and impaired cognition.
- Back Injuries: Back injuries can cause pain and interfere with your ability to sit, stand, lift objects, or perform other tasks that are required by your job. We represent clients with a wide range of back injuries, such as strains and sprains, lower lumbar injuries, slipped discs, ruptured discs, and degenerative disc disease.
- Occupational Diseases: These are conditions that are not caused by an accident in the workplace, but by chemical exposure, repetitive stress, and other factors. Some examples of occupational diseases include mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer, skin cancer, fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome, and arthritis.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries: A repetitive stress injury develops over a period of time, as repetitive motions take a toll on the body. A few of the common repetitive stress injuries include back injuries that develop over time, carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, and hand-arm vibration syndrome. These injuries may affect office workers, grocery clerks, factory workers, and other occupations.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: In some situations, a pre-existing condition can be exacerbated by an accident on the job. These conditions and injuries may be covered under workers’ compensation when the pain or mobility problem is worsened after the work injury, the injury spreads to other parts of the body, and the degree that the prior injury was aggravated by the work injury.
- Hearing and Vision Loss: Serious work accidents, such as explosions or fire, can result in hearing or vision loss. When your vision or hearing is damaged as the result of a work injury, we can help protect your right to compensation.
- Bodily Injury: If you are involved in a slip and fall accident, a collision, or have been struck by anything at work, this can leave you with open wounds or even broken bones. Returning to work after an impact injury can seem simple in theory, but repetitive strain when already injured can leave you worse than where you started. When this happens our work injury attorneys can help get you off your feet and recovering in no time.
- Pulmonary Effects: Most of us take clean air for granted until the day you are breathing in toxic fumes and find it hard to take a breath. Poor air quality can affect you in the moment, but can also have long term effects of your pulmonary health. If not treated and cared for immediately, you can run the risk of serious health conditions.
Our workmans comp lawyers will fight aggressively to get you the compensation you deserve. We never want you to worry about medical bills or lost wages. Let our law firm handle your workers’ compensation / personal injury claim while you focus on recovering.
Let our aggressive, experienced legal team help you
If you have been injured at work you need to make sure you have someone you can trust on your side. Many people can be involved in a workers’ compensation claim, some examples include: medical professionals, law enforcement, and insurance companies. Some of these people may place other’s interests above your own. Our work injury attorneys can navigate the complexities of a workers’ compensation claim and have the experience necessary to get you the results you want. We know how to maneuver through the legal system and we know the steps needed to ensure the best outcome. If you were injured on the job, the first thing you should do is report the injury to your employer and seek immediate medical attention. The next thing you should do is consult with a knowledgeable workers’ compensation lawyer to protect your rights and ensure that you are receiving the benefits you deserve for your injury. Attorney-client relationships are critical to your success. We are totally transparency throughout the legal process and we will fight to get you the most for your work-related, personal injury claim. We don’t just practice law, we practice integrity and honesty. If you have been injured, call the law offices of Bo Katzakian today.
Suffering a work-related injury? Call (209) 762-8511 for a free consultation with a Stockton workers’ compensation attorney.