Workmans' Comp Attorney
For Denied Workers' Compensation Claims
Our Skilled Attorneys Can Help You Take the Next Steps After a Denial
After a workplace injury, it is important that you get the benefits you need to provide for yourself and your family. These include temporary disability benefits to cover the time when your injury or illness prevents you from working. It should also include coverage for medical treatment and permanent disability benefits if necessary.
Unfortunately, sometimes you do not get the workers’ comp benefits you deserve. Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance adjuster can deny your claim for any number of reasons. However, if you were injured on the job, you should not give up on your benefits. A skilled workman’s comp attorney can help you even after a claim denial.
If your workers’ compensation claim has been denied by the insurance company, there are steps that must be taken to preserve your ability to collect benefits. The first thing you should do after your claim is denied is contact a qualified workers’ compensation lawyer. The Law Offices of Bo Katzakian provides aggressive workers’ compensation representation. We have bilingual attorneys that are fluent in English and Spanish.
What to do when a claim is denied
Denied claims are not uncommon. There is evidence that suggests that many claims are denied or delayed by insurance companies. An initial denial or delay does not mean that you will not be able to collect benefits. The first thing you should do is to contact a workers’ compensation attorney with experience and knowledge of the workers’ compensation system.
Other things you should do when you are injured at work include:
- Obtain medical documentation
- Speak to witnesses about providing a statement
- Maintain a file of documents and photos to support your claim
- Keep a record of your expenses
When you work with a workman’s comp attorney from the Law Offices of Bo Katzakian, we help you with each of these steps. However, even if you filled out the initial forms on your own and did not contact us until after your claim denial, we can help you. We will go over your document with you and find out why the adjusters denied your claim.
From there, your workman’s comp attorney will file your appeal through the proper channels. We will fix any issues from your initial claim to ensure you get benefits for your work-related injuries. Our attorneys have extensive experience in workers’ compensation law and will fight aggressively for you.
Why Adjusters Deny Workers' Comp Claims
When you find out your claims adjuster denied your request for worker’s compensation benefits, you will likely wonder what went wrong. There are many reasons why adjusters can deny workers’ compensation claims. Here are a few of the most common causes for denial:
- Missed deadlines. The workers’ compensation process is full of deadlines and specific timelines that you must follow. You may miss a deadline to report an injury or to file a form. Having a workman’s comp attorney on your side can help you keep track of deadlines while you recover from your work-related injury.
- Employer dispute. Your employer may have disputed your claim and caused your denial. If their account of events was different than yours, it will require more work to sort out what truly happened. Our workman’s comp attorneys will help you find and correct any discrepancies.
- Medical Treatment. If you did not seek medical treatment after your workplace injury, your claim may have been denied. It is always important to seek treatment from the correct medical professionals immediately after being injured at work. Your claim may also be denied if your qualified medical examiner did not find evidence that your injury occurred on the job.
- Errors in Paperwork. It is also possible that your claim denial occurred not because of any aspects of the workplace injury itself, but because of an error with your paperwork. With so many steps in the workers’ compensation process, you may have made a mistake on a form that led to denial. It’s also possible that the claims adjuster processed your paperwork incorrectly. All of these are reasons to appeal.
If the adjuster denied your workers’ compensation claim, you will receive a denial letter. This will give you more details on why they did not approve your claim. However, these letters can be difficult for a layperson to understand. Your workman’s comp attorney will help you understand the denial letter and will walk you through the steps of the appeal process.
Call the Law Offices of Bo Katzakian Today for Help
Our law firm focuses on helping injured Californians to recover workers’ compensation benefits. We have a team of 11 attorneys and paralegals committed to making a positive difference in the lives of working men and women. We communicate with you throughout the process and provide the attention your case deserves, as we help you navigate the often complex and frustrating workers’ compensation system.
The biggest mistake injured workers can make when facing a delay or denial is to give up. We are often able to help injured workers get benefits, even after a claim is denied. Our attorneys plot a strategy to fit your specific situation and communicate with you throughout the process. We charge no legal fees until we win a recovery for you.
Did you recently receive a denial letter for your workers’ comp claim? If yes, you need to call an experienced workers’ compensation attorney today!
We offer a free consultation and our workman’s comp attorneys will fight for you and for your right to workers’ compensation benefits.