Common Workplace Injuries
Stockton Workers' Comp Lawyers Ready to Help You
Workers in California are injured every day by many different types of work accidents, injuries, and occupational diseases. Whether you are having trouble getting benefits approved or just want an attorney to help you navigate the complexities of the system, contact the Law Offices of Bo Katzakian. Our Stockton workers' compensation lawyers focus exclusively on helping injured workers in Northern California.
Types of Workplace Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries someone can sustain in the workplace, the most common being:
- Head Injuries: A head injury can have serious consequences, including temporary or permanent disability. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) may cause a range of symptoms that include severe headaches, dizziness, nausea, memory loss, irritability, and impaired cognition.
- Back Injuries: Back injuries can cause pain and interfere with your ability to sit, stand, lift objects, or perform other tasks that are required by your job. We represent clients with a wide range of back injuries, such as strains and sprains, lower lumbar injuries, slipped discs, ruptured discs, and degenerative disc disease.
- Occupational Diseases: These are conditions that are not caused by an accident in the workplace, but by chemical exposure, repetitive stress, and other factors. Some examples of occupational diseases include mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer, skin cancer, fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome, and arthritis.
- Repetitive Stress Injuries:– A repetitive stress injury develops over a period of time, as repetitive motions take a toll on the body. A few of the common repetitive stress injuries include back injuries that develop over time, carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, and hand-arm vibration syndrome. These injuries may affect office workers, grocery clerks, factory workers, and other occupations.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: In some situations, a pre-existing condition can be exacerbated by an accident on the job. These conditions and injuries may be covered under workers' compensation when the pain or mobility problem is worsened after the work injury, the injury spreads to other parts of the body, and the degree that the prior injury was aggravated by the work injury.
- Hearing and Vision Loss: Serious work accidents, such as explosions or fire, can result in hearing or vision loss. When your vision or hearing is damaged as the result of a work injury, we can help protect your right to compensation for your injury.
Let Our Aggressive, Experienced Team Help You
If you were injured on the job, the first step should be to report the injury to your employer and seek immediate medical attention. The next step is to consult with a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer to protect your rights and ensure that you are receiving the benefits you deserve for your injury.
Call (844) 311-7793 for a free consultation with one of our Stockton workers' compensation lawyers.